Advanced standing is available at Berit Theological Seminary for students who have prepared themselves in their undergraduate training for seminary studies. Advanced standing will enable students to build on their previous education rather than repeat it. This means that they will spend less time and less money on their seminary training and more time in ministry. Classes that are allowed to count for advanced standing will be determined by the faculty and the Dean of Academics.
- Advanced Standing for B.B.S.: 18 Courses (54 Credits) 1 year
- An associate bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or the educational equivalent is required.
- Advanced Standing for M.Div.: 14 Courses (42 Credits) 1 year
- A master’s degree from other seminaries or the M.B.S. degree from Berit is required.
- Advanced Standing for D.Min.: 8 Courses (24 Credits) 1 year
- The student who has acquired the Doctor of Biblical Studies (D.B.S.) degree from Berit is eligible.
As part of its admissions process, Berit Theological Seminary accepts transfer credits from other institutions. Christian Military Academy courses will be transferred after a review.
If a degree student wants to transfer credit from another postsecondary school to BTS, an official transcript stating the course(s) and grade(s) must be submitted to the Director of Admissions prior to beginning courses.
For master’s degree students, the maximum amount of transfer credit from another approved or accredited institution shall be six-semester units or its equivalent.
Questions regarding the transfer of credits should be directed to the Admissions Office.